She actually made herself a bed and went to sleep. What is going on? This has NEVER happened. EVER. So, I actually have time to blog without a screaming baby or a two year old banging on the keys and sitting right in front of my face while I try to update this thing without losing my temper until I eventually just face the facts and give up.
Okay, I've been feeling bad for not posting anything about Trav's birthday. He turned the big 3-0 two days after I had Connor. Needless to say I didn't do too much for him but his sisters took him breakfast at work for a surprise. He's got a great family! So happy birthday babe, I love you. You're the best a girl could ask for. I won't go on too much bc I know you don't read this but I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful husband who bends over backwards taking care of his family. And that is no joke. The poor guy will do ANYTHING for me. ANYTHING. Even in the middle of the night and I think I hear something and beg him to go downstairs and check or get me a drink of water. Yes, I'm so spoiled and lucky. I'm going to cry just thinking about how much he does for me and how much he wants to make me happy. He's always asking me if I'm happy and what he can do to make me happier. Okay enough mushy stuff...
Valentine's day was a great day. I went downstairs to find that Trav had gotten up early to surprise me with flowers. He's so sweet. And my house cleaner came. Yes, I have a house cleaner. As much as I hate to admit it b/c it's hard on my pride, :), I have one and LOVE it. Travis got her for me towards the end of my pregnancy to help out and I haven't been able to give it up. So I go down see my flowers and smile, let my house keeper in, smile some more, and bake a cake for my hubby. Later on both kids and I take a nap, and that in itself is a miracle. For dinner we order Olive Garden take out and it was really good, especially bc I didn't have to cook it or clean up after it!
Connor is doing well and growing fast. He definitley lets me know when he's upset but is a really good sport about being smothered with love from his big sister. The first thing she does in the morning, besides saying, "Mom, dad, I'm up. I sleep good tonight! It's a lovely day, get up," is to go find Connor and love on him. I usually don't want her to bc he is still sleeping but, she's so cute about it I can't get mad at her. We've been having fun hanging out at home for the past few weeks trying to keep Connor in so he doesn't get sick. Well, that and the fact that I'm still scared to go anywhere by myself with two kids in tow. What do I do when Connor's in the cart and Kins decides to run off and hide in the racks or run down aisles? Yeah, I can just picture it in my head and it's enough to make me stay home until Trav decides to come home from work. It has been weird though not going to church since he's been born. My weeks feel weird and life feels like something is missing. As much as I hate it when Sunday rolls around and we've got to be there at 8 and I'm all stressed about how singing time will go in primary, I really do miss it. Weird how that works. It's amazing how much just going to church invites the spirit into our home and how much it reminds us about what is important in life. I will however enjoy the two more weeks I have off of primary duty. Not that I don't love the kiddos and their funny comments about how pregnant I was, but it's a nice little break.
Oh I was so happy this morning bc I tried on my pre prego jeans and could actually zip them up! YAHOO!! Okay well I still have the smooshy 3month pregnant looking tummy but hey at least I could get them on. I was happy.
Ok well I tried to post pictures in this but everytime I do they just keep going to the top, and I refuse to retype this and for some reason my cut/paste isn't working. So, I'll just make another post with pictures.
Connor is doing well and growing fast. He definitley lets me know when he's upset but is a really good sport about being smothered with love from his big sister. The first thing she does in the morning, besides saying, "Mom, dad, I'm up. I sleep good tonight! It's a lovely day, get up," is to go find Connor and love on him. I usually don't want her to bc he is still sleeping but, she's so cute about it I can't get mad at her. We've been having fun hanging out at home for the past few weeks trying to keep Connor in so he doesn't get sick. Well, that and the fact that I'm still scared to go anywhere by myself with two kids in tow. What do I do when Connor's in the cart and Kins decides to run off and hide in the racks or run down aisles? Yeah, I can just picture it in my head and it's enough to make me stay home until Trav decides to come home from work. It has been weird though not going to church since he's been born. My weeks feel weird and life feels like something is missing. As much as I hate it when Sunday rolls around and we've got to be there at 8 and I'm all stressed about how singing time will go in primary, I really do miss it. Weird how that works. It's amazing how much just going to church invites the spirit into our home and how much it reminds us about what is important in life. I will however enjoy the two more weeks I have off of primary duty. Not that I don't love the kiddos and their funny comments about how pregnant I was, but it's a nice little break.
Oh I was so happy this morning bc I tried on my pre prego jeans and could actually zip them up! YAHOO!! Okay well I still have the smooshy 3month pregnant looking tummy but hey at least I could get them on. I was happy.
7 comments:
Happy late birthday, Travis! What a great hubby : ) Glad your little family is doing well and you had a nice valentines day! We need to get together soon! I still haven't met Conner!
travis is sweet! yall sound like your doing so good.
What a nice valentines. I spent mine all alone. Jon was in Buffalo but we went out earlier in the week. I don't blame you for having a cleaner. I don't have any kids but after going to school all day then working at night there's no chance I'm wanting to scrub my toilet down. Your pictures are so cute, Kensie really seems to be growning up fast.
yeah, yeah. You are dreading going back to church and you know it! ;)
It took me a awhile to get out with the two kids, but you will. It's not really as bad as you are counting on! Just take little trips here and there. I still can't really stay out very long, but maybe that's just because of Max! He's not your average kid.
Connor is getting so big already. I saw a picture where you put him on his tummy sleeping and I really wish I would have done that with Brody more when he was little. I will flip him over sometimes when he is sleeping and he will sleep so much better on his stomach. Your kids are so adorable.
I love all the pictures! I love your Bday tribute. So cute.
I was totally laughing about Kinsey making her own bed, and falling asleep! That must have been a LOVELY day. Ha!
Post a Comment