Friday, February 1, 2008

Me and my babies

Well it's been a LONG 2 weeks but we made it out alive... maybe a little stinky from all the times Connor has pooped/peed on me but alive nonetheless. Kinsey came down with strep throat the day we got back so that was a nice little cherry on top of recovering from giving birth. I don't know what I'd do without my mom here to help me adjust to having two kids. Luckily Connor has been a great baby so far. I can already see the differences in their personalities. When Kinsey was his age she would scream bloody murder if she got hungry and her reflexes were so strong and intense. Connor on the other hand just kind of starts whining when he is hungry and will wait patiently while I prepare for the self torture of nursing him and his reflexes are just so soft and relaxed. He is totally laid back. THANK THE HEAVENS ABOVE!! I don't think I could handle another Kinsey. I love her more than anything but she is a DRAMA QUEEN and so very curious. She has been a great big sister though. Right now she is checking on him to make sure he is still sleeping in his crib. She wants to help so bad she can't stand it. Even when I change his diaper, which by the way I have yet to see one diaper without poop in it (I knew all guys were full of you know what), she wants to help wipe his little fanny. It's so fun to watch her with him. So, do all little boy babies shiz as much as mine? Right when I put him in the bath or lift his little legs to wipe his bottom poo just squirts right out. Yesterday I changed his diaper and buttoned his onsie only to hear a big squirt of it refilling his pants. Okay that may be a little disgusting but I'm sure many of you understand my disgust as I begin the whole diaper changing process over again- which now includes covering the little you know what so I don't get peed on for the millionth time. Oh the joys of motherhood. But I will agree with Jenni's post about how great it is to be a mom no matter how stinky (literally) the job is...

14 comments:

Alyssa said...

Casen doesn't have a diaper without poop in it. And he peed in his own face again today. Boys... gotta love em! You guys are adorable in that picture.

Amber Larsen said...

YEA!! I've been wondering if there is something wrong!!

Tiffany said...

LOL! You are hilarious, Amber! And that picture is so cute! : ) I am so happy that Kinsey is enjoying being a big sister and wanting to help so much! That is so much better than her being jealous or hating her new baby brother, like some kids get when they have to adjust to not being an only child anymore. Yay! : )

Bre said...

That picture is one for the wall! It's so cute. The poop thing must be a boy thing because that's how Peyton was! But not Paige, we'll just say it's a boy thing.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I am just so laughing! You must just have some fantastic milk~! Noah wasn't a real pooper, although I did take a few shots on a new outfit, or the carpet. Oh the joy! Love the picture.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Ha ha!! Makes me glad I'm having a gal! ;)

Jenni said...

Oh, how they poop! Max pooped through everything, too. And they really are full of shiz! But it sure it cute shiz! HeHe!
He's a beautiful baby, Amber! And I agree with Aly - it is a sweet bond between mothers and son!

Jalei & Lane said...

Ok you look great...especially for just having a baby!

Chelsea said...

You are so beautiful, and with your beautiful kids. Too cute amber!! YOu look great, and your babes are adorable.

Naylor Family said...

Pee, Pee, Pee....that's all they do, I was just talking to my sis about this today because she got pee'd on today by her new boy and all I could tell her was "this is just the beginning" Just yesterday Tyson pee'd all over the tile right before I could get him in the tub...it's cute, but it sure can get some good distance. You gotta make sure that thingy is pointed down, but even then sometimes it doesn't make a difference. Good Luck!

eyre blog said...

It only gets better!! Wha ha!

jon♥kara said...

That's funny about the peeing. I love the picture you look gorgeous and kensie is looking just like you in the blonde version.

themacdonnells said...

Welcome to the club! And here I was thinking it was just Kurt's offspring that was sooooo full of it! No, my boys don't go a day without unloading their body weight in poop. And the older they get, the stinkier it is. Sorry!

Invest in a nice Diaper Genie II, it's worth it!

And you guys look beautiful!

BK Barnes said...

Hi Amber. I was just following links from the kids and thought I'd check in on you guys. Looks like you're doin' allright! Nice little family.

Jon told me about Travis' helicopter stories. Just keep him out of a real one!!!

Cheers,
Bruce Barnes