Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tonight I'm pouting because my workaholic hubby is at a class renewing his brokers license, he's going to be gone all weekend on a campout, and he's usually gone from 7-7 anyway. I haven't seen him all day and I hate it. He always livens up the house and we have so much more fun when he's here. Last week we took the kids to have a picnic at the park and the week before that we went for a little hike and played in the river we found. Things that we do without him but just aren't as much fun without daddy. And I like to kick his trash at Nintendo Wii... (he'll definitely contest that) Anyway, I'm happy I've got my chilldren to make me laugh when I'm missing him. Kinsey has been watching her self shake her fanny to the music on American Idol (yes, I'm lame) in the mirror all night. I should record it and put it on here but don't want to take the time. "Hey mom, look at me! I'm shakin' my bottom!" I'm thinking oh crap not this already! She finally bounced herself of the bed and hit her head... it was all pretty funny to see. Is that mean? I don't know why I laugh when people fall but I really think it's funny. I do feel bad for her she's my baby, but she didn't get hurt so I still think it's okay to laugh :)

Yesterday she came to me all worried and this is what she said when I asked her what was wrong...
Kinsey: "I'm berry berry sorry mommy but my book got broken."
Mom: "Oh no, what happened?"
Kinsey: She holds out her hands, wiggles her fingers, and stares at them in confusion like they have a mind of their own and says, "my fingers ripped it."
I try not laugh and tell her to bring it here so I can tape it up. He he... she always makes me laugh.

8 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Pa ha!!! Her fingers really DO have a mind of their own!!

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

it was good to see you today!! your little girl is so cute and I know exactly how you feel about yur hubby not being home. Tj works all the time. You know how the Sherwood's are.

Katherine Young said...

hahahaha! that is sooo funny! kinsey is really something.

my number is 9403003537, call me sometime!

Chelsea said...

Thats funny! Im sorry you miss your hubby too!! Thank you for wanting to donate you could just mail me a check if you want. email me so i have your email address and ill send you who to make your check out to. thanks so much, you will surely be blessed for that!!!!
Love you! ckfiona@yahoo.com

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I was thinking about you this weekend! I hope things went okay with him gone. What a bummer. I am sure there will be a time and place where you can get some freedom. Hopefully you have a girls night scheduled this week? Let Trav man the station all by himself? Ha!!

Natalie Francis said...

Hey Amber... I hope it's alright I found your blog from Bre's page. I guess that's the fun of blogging. I'm glad I finally got to see some pics of Connor. Sooo cute! Having two kids is definitely twice the fun.

jon♥kara said...

Kinsey is a nut she's so funny. Every time jon looks at your blog and yes he probably blog surfs more than me. He laughs and says how that picture of Kinsey on the sink is his favorite one of her. We wanted to come over for pie the other night but the next day Travis said he fell asleep at seven so he didn't get our phone call around 8:30. What a hard worker!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

It was so great to see you yesterday! Talk about looking great right after birth! And Connor was just so sweet. Thankyou for indulging me! I can vouch for the "work a holic" a little bit. At least we know he really is busy when he is gone. Getting in at 5am is a little extreme!