Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day Trip to Tonto National Bridge


We decided to ditch church on Sunday and take a quick drive up to the mountains for a little get away. Travis has been wanting us to take Tonto National Bridge for a while now, so we finally did it. It's just a small miniature hike/walk down to the bottom of the cave/waterfall. It was really beautiful. Yes, that is Connor in a purple jacket. By the time we got there his was soaking wet. What can I say? The man who took this picture kept referring to Connor as 'she'. oops..







After that we took the kids sledding. Ya, what kind of mom lets her baby play in the snow with no jacket? Well, it really wasn't that cold. I swear. And it was only for a second. I feel like I have to disclaim after the last time I went to costco and the lady at the door said to me about Kinsey, "You have on a jacket and she doesn't? Oh my gosh." I couldn't get her to wear a friggin jacket so sue me. She's still alive. I was so annoyed by that lady.




Travis made this snow angel. psych. It was there and pretty amazing.


Kinsey couldn't get enough of the sledding, she cried and cried when it was time to go. I kept asking her if she was cold and she kept assuring me she was fine. When we got into the car I realized her feet,legs, and butt were completely soaked. Poor girl. She was afraid to tell me bc she didn't want to leave. : ). My kind of girl.

15 comments:

Brewer Family said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love day trips like that!!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

K! Glad you went! I heard they are closing the Tonto bridge for 2 years in just a few weeks due to lack of funding! I am making Ray take noah up, so he can see it! So sad!

Danielle said...

Could yall BE any cuter??!! You are such a fun mom and I love the pic of you holding Kinsey, yall look like best friends :) So fun!

Brad and Laurie said...

Skipping church, for shame for shame:(
That looked like good times. Sometimes nature makes the best chapel, doesn't it. Hey, is that blood mixed in with the snow, another sign of mom not watching out for her kids?? j/k love ya, dad

Taylors said...

That looks so fun! We would have totally gone with you -- we ditched church too that day and for no good reason! If we had gone to Tonto bridge, now that would be a good excuse.:) Next time you skip church, call us! I know, I'm so bad.

Anonymous said...

that looks like so much fun!!! I am very jealous.

Bre said...

how fun! Looks like you had a blast! I want to take the kids there now. I've never even heard of it. And seriously, I think you are a magnet for people criticizing you. What's up with that?

Alyssa said...

How fun!! Your going to hell for ditching church by the way! J/K!

Chelsea said...

looks like you guys had so much fun! you look great too! your family is so cute!

Kristen said...

Those are GREAT pictures Amber! Your kiddos are so stinkin cute! :)

rusty and julie thatcher said...

hi amber this is julie thatcher. i highly doubt you remember me but we worked at deseret book with eachother just at christmas time once. alyssas sister emilee worked with us too. anyway i was looking at alyssas blog and saw your name and wanted to see what was going on with you. i just had to tell you how funny that story about your daughter saying she farted in church was. i was laughing so hard. that might be one of the funniest things i have ever heard!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Pictures finally! Did you get a new camera? That looks fun. We'll have to go.

Tiffany said...

I LOVE that place! Randy and I have been hiking there before...and I was so sad when I heard on the news last week that they may be closing it soon... :( Looks like you guys had a great time! :) Cute pictures!

jon♥kara said...

You did ditch. Good for you. Looks like a fun day trip with the family. You really do get nagged at by other women about your kids all the time. I would just start telling everyone one to mind their own business. maybe not so nicely..

DEANNA said...

OK CHICKIE CHICKIE ANYTHING YOU NEED TO TELL ME SINCE YOU HAVE NOT BEEN IN THE GYM FOR A FEW DAYS????? AND..

TODAY IS THE ANNIVERSARY OF MY ACCIDENT. I DID A RE-POST OF LAST YEAR IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT I WAS TELLING YOU ABOUT ON THE TREADMILL THE OTHER DAY... OR WAS THAT LAST WEEK ALREADY? DANG BEFORE YOU KNOW IT.. IT WILL BE CHRISTMAS THE WAY TIME TRAVELS LATELY.

HOPE ALL IS WELL. AND I DO NO T RECOMMEND GOING INTO THE GYM TOMORROW.