Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Jail Break

A few days ago I had Travis put a new kind of door knob on Kinsey's door because she knew how to unlock the other one from the inside, even though the door knob is turned around. It was really hard to do time-out's and such if she can break out and think she's pulling a fast one on me.

Today, she did NOT want to go to school. So, I told her if she didn't go to school she would have to be locked in her room the whole time. I mean 2 and a half hours is a long time for a kid, so I thought it might scare her into submission. Wrong. I guess time tables are still hard for a four year old to grasp. She went into her room pretty easily, and I thought I was being all sneaky because she wouldn't be able to break out this time. Wrong again. It took her about thirty minutes, but all of a sudden I hear, " I did it!" and then she came running down the hall.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

lol, hilarious! She is one determined little girl to work on getting out of that room for a whole 30 minutes, lol! She is so funny!
Miss you! Can't wait to see you when we come to Az in May!!! :)

Taylors said...

Oh, we are going through the same thing right now! That is so funny! I've tied Gabe's doorknob with a bathrobe belt that is tied on the other end to the cabinet handle. Everyone thinks I'm so cruel! Hahahaha. I'm so glad I'm not the only one locking the kid in the room (and whose kid breaks free!). :)

Katherine Young said...

Ha ha ha ha ha I love that smart little girl

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Oh my goodness! Are your knobs turned the other direction. My friend just did that with hers, so it locks form the outside. I dont know. It works for them.

Danielle said...

Haha so funny! You should be proud of your little problem solver! :)

Leisel said...

THat is impressive. I lock my kids in too. Dayson willingly goes into timeout and is so sorry for what he's done. Conway is more like Kinsey!