Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Rugs

I need help choosing a rug. These are from Ballard Designs; they have tons and I need some help deciding. I need some color in my dining room but I'm not sure what to pick. All of these are pretty neutral but... I don't know; I kind of like to be able to change things around so it's kind of nice to stay neutral. Here a few I like; what do you think? Opinions please!! Or get online and find me one that would look amazing!! I want my house to feel fresh, clean, bright, and cheery... oh and Travis wants it to be elegant. That's why I'm struggling with this front room. We like different things, so I'm trying to do the front room his way and the rest of the house mine. It's really too formal for me but oh well... So something to make it a little bit younger. Hmmm.. I don't know.

Dining room...
Richmond Rugs (below)
















Hayden Rug(below) which I like the look but I don't like the really hard wool kinds and that is what this is













Estonia Rug (probably not this but I thought it was kind of cool)
















Jovita




17 comments:

DEANNA said...

OH SWEET LITTLE DOLLFACE.. I CAN NOT HELP HERE. I AM A MODERN RUG AND FURNITURE KIND OF GAL AND JUST CAN NOT FATHOM PICKING WHAT GOES WITH YOUR KIND OF FURNITURE.

IF I ABSOLUTLEY HAD TO GUESS WHICH WOULD LOOK BEST I WOULD GO WITH THE RICHMOND RUGS IN THE FIRST PICTURE WITH THE ORANGE SINCE YOU WANT COLOR.

SEE YOU AT THE GYM... ANY NEWS??

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

I like the first and last ones the best. Theya re definitely neutral but classy and elegant. Good luck!!

Taylors said...

funny, I like the Estonia one the best (the one you said you would probably not pick).

Monson Family said...

I like the last two rugs the best. you can add color with art work and other things.

Jalei & Lane said...

I like the yellow one. It really pops & still looks very fancy.

Katherine Young said...

i like the rug on top in the first pic and the last two pictures. i think those are neutral enough but add some color.

Katherine Young said...

i like the rug on top in the first pic and the last two pictures. i think those are neutral enough but add some color.

Katherine Young said...

i like the rug on top in the first pic and the last two pictures. i think those are neutral enough but add some color.

Anonymous said...

I like the top yellow one. Mix of fresh and elegant.

Danielle said...

The top one is my vote!

Audrie said...

I like the top one too...unless it is too light with your furniture & flooring...

Alyssa said...

My vote is for the top one too. I like any of the colors shown. Good luck and have fun picking!

Debbie said...

I like 3 and 4. Reading these comments though I don't think we're making it any easier!!

Tiffany said...

I like the first ones, the Richmond rugs

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I like the top one in yellow. you could do lots with it.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Hey! Just wanted to share a thought! There are some amazing carpets out there. My friend had all hardwood floors in their home, and they went and found a few sections or BEAUTIFUL shag carpet, and had the edges bound. They were able to pull off a beautiful custom look for a fraction of the price. You just lay it out like you would a rug. I loved that idea!

Just thinking!

Take care!

Brad and Laurie said...

I like the yellow one too in the picture, no idea how it would look in situ