Sunday, June 27, 2010

I hate coming up with titles

You know when you have two or three or four little kids at home all day and life gets pretty taxing and exhausting? But you also know those two or three moments each day that melt your heart make you think how much you love your kiddies and it is so worth the pain? I just had one of those with Kinsey, and I just had to write about it. For some odd reason both of the boys fell asleep early tonight so Kinsey and I got to spend some one on one time, and she was so delightful. She helped me wash the dishes, clean the floor, make brownies (and eat them and the batter, so yummy), take them to a neighbor, and she was so happy the whole time just chatting away. She kept asking, "What else can I help with mom?" I just love that she is growing up and when it is just us we have really fun "girl time". Then, we went and got ready for bed and she said the sweetest prayer I have ever heard. "Dear Heavenly Father, I'm thankful for my mom, dad, Connor, and Gage. I am thankful for this beautiful life. I am grateful for this home. I am grateful for the spirit. Please help me be a good girl and be helpful. And to always choose the right. Please help my family to be true. (not quite sure what this means but she likes to say this in her prayers and it's pretty dang cute). Help us to have the spirit..." Her prayers are always very sweet and she always prays for someone outside of our immediate family. She hasn't gotten into the repetition thing too much yet, so it's fun to hear what she says each night as she prays to her Father in Heaven. This is definitely one of the moments I look forward to each day that melts my heart and gives me the strength to keep on trucking. Sometimes I think I'm totally failing my kids, but then there are little times when I get a small glimpse of what they are learning and it gives me so much hope. Hope that all of this hard work will eventually pay off and my kids will turn into actual decent adults. Hopefully. : )

8 comments:

Bre said...

You are a great mom. Miss you.

Chelsea said...

How sweet! You are such a wonderful mom!!!

Taylors said...

i love your family!

Tiffany said...

aw, Amber what a sweet post! I can't believe how "grown-up" Kinsey is now! I love it! Makes me excited to have a little girl of my own someday :)
You are such a wonderful mom and your kids are so lucky to have you! That prayer is the sweetest thing ever!
Love you! xoxo

DEANNA said...

It is so refreshing to read that someone else feels like they fail their kids sometimes. I know that may sound horrid but I was trying to find the right way to word it and .. well it just is what it is. I know how you feel. There are some days I look around and say to myself, "Dear God you made a serious mistake when you trusted me to have three little kids and then to raise them because I am so not cut out for all this."

You are great! Keep up the good work. Hope you are still working out and getting some mommy only time so you can keep the sanity over the summer!!!

jon♥kara said...

Very cute Amber, I can't believe how grown up she sounds. The fact that you didn't just sit down and watch tv shows what a great mom you are.

jon♥kara said...

and now i think i have to make brownies cuz I can't stop thinking about how yummy they sound.

Brad and Laurie said...

the blessing of eternal lives is a great one