Kinsey had swimming lessons twice this week and both were just lovely. The first day, Tuesday, I had to go to the bathroom afterwards. I can't really leave Kinsey out of my stall by herself so I manage to get Kinsey, Connor, and myself all into one stall. I just start, you know, doing my business when she decides she doesn't want to wait for me. So, she unlocks the door and runs out; leaving me with my pants down, literally- for all the women in the world to see. It was just fabulous. I can hear everyone one in the bathroom cracking up. What do you do?
The next day was even better. It's an indoor swim school and the water always leaves Kins really dry so I usually rinse her off in the showers by the pool. So, I take her to the showers and they are all being used except for one at the end. I notice all the moms are behind the shower heads, but think I'm smoother than that and can just lean in from the side. So, I lean over really far to be sure I don't get wet, turn the water on, and get sprayed right in the face. Not to mention it's the one time I wear a white shirt. What can I do but laugh and look around at everyone trying not to laugh at me. I guess someone had moved the shower head and I didn't notice. This embarrassing stuff has always happened to me. Does it happen to anyone else or am I just dense???? I was soaked from head to toe. Pretty freakin' hilarious!!
8 comments:
LOL!!!! OOOH Amber! Aren't kids great???? that is hilarious! I love having to bring two kids into the bathroom stall - ah the joys of being a mother.
hahahaha! that is so funny. haha. oh what fun that all sounds like too. haha just kidding. at least you can laugh at it and not be upset about it.
Who would have thought kids could bring so much laughter into our lives! Thank goodness for a sense of humor during these times. Don't worry, we all have moments when everyone around us is silently laughing but won't make eye contact with us. Swim already? I'm sure Kinsey loves it!
SERIOUSLY! All privacy and self-respect goes out the window with kids, amongst other things! Funny story about Sterling:
We always have Max in a stroller at church and Sterling usually is walking him around...well, this particular Sunday, Sterling was having major gas issues and decided to take Max into the bathroom stall with him. Sterling was in there for like 20 minutes, letting it rip (poor MAX!) and in walks a little boy from our ward with his dad and he starts yelling, "DADDY, it STINKS in here!" And EVERYBODY in the ward knows that Sterling is the ONE with the stroller. AND, the little boys dad is Max's nursery teacher. What I want to know is, why the heck didn't Sterling just bring Max to me? Sometimes men just don't think. So, poor Max had to sit in that stinky stahl for 20 minutes so that Sterling could do his business! Although, I think your story is worse! :)
And now Sterling's going to kill me due to the fact that this is now public knowledge! Mums the word!
Now I am cracking up at your story AND Jeni's story!!! Too funny!
That brought a tear to my eye and then your friends story brought another one!
It's so true! When you birth kids, your sense of dignity and self respect comes out trailing our babies and all we are left with is laughter... the worst humbling experiences! It's GREAT!
And, no, you aren't the only one. I could go on and on about things that happen to me with my two guys (and sometimes three) in tow... ;)
I guess we all have those kinds of days every once in a while. And we have to have those experiences to have something to laugh about years down the road. Your a great mom.
I love it, that story makes me laugh everytime! Don't worry I'm the same way and I'm sure kids just help those events happen more frequently
Post a Comment