Monday, September 22, 2008

Tagged- Quirks

I am supposed to list 6 quirks about me. This should be relatively easy for me b/c I am a little weird. It's no secret; just ask my family. So here goes...
1. I cannot stand to think about, hold, or touch in any way a cotton ball. I have the chills just writing about it. It just makes me cringe.
2. I can't stand to go to bed without washing my feet. This is tribute I can actually thank Travis for, he does it too. It's really annoying when I'm tired and just want to go to bed, but I won't be able to sleep with dirty feet.
3. I am a picker. No, not a nose picker (only on occasion ;) ). I find any tiny little bump on my body and have to torture it until it pops, bleeds, or bruises. Next time you see me take a look at my arm. It looks horrible b/c I pick it incessantly. I do this to my whole family. Today, I babysat Sage and even picked her earwax and saved it for Marianne. Gross, I know. I can't help it; I get it from my mom.
4. I hate shoes. I'd rather be barefoot any day at any time. It doesn't matter if I'm at the mall or outside, I'd rather take off my shoes.
5. I'm scared to call people. Sometimes, I still wish I could make my mom call the insurance company for me. I guess I'm just shy but my heart starts beating fast and my stomach gets in knots if I have to call someone I don't know very well. I'm a freak, I know.
6. I have this insatiable need to please people. I really HATE this about myself. I have the hardest time saying no, and I can't stick up for myself. Inside I'll be screaming NO NO NO, but then the "yes vomit" comes flowing right out of my mouth. Travis hates this about me, too. He wants me to take a class on being more assertive.
Okay I could go on but I'll spare anyone reading this. I tag Audrie, Marianne, Bre, and Tiffany.

13 comments:

Taylors said...

i loved yours! i didn't know any of those things about you! you are too cute amber! yours is totally endearing -- mine is just plain scary ;)

Brad and Laurie said...

I think your grandma can help you with the foot thing:) After reading this, I don't worry about Kinsey anymore. Kinsey's mom, yes. But not Kinsey j/k:)

Anonymous said...

haha, you saved Sage's earwax?! i'm sure Marianne was grateful. you are so funny and cute...

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Ya and I got a whole lot more earwax out of her ear this morning. What's up w/ that?

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Wow that was so cute! You would never think that you had any fears though Amber. you have such a huge smile, and I swear you just look like you can tackle anything easy! From one picker to another, I am pretty sure that is a quirk we'll hang on to.

eyre blog said...

I had no idea about most of these things. What's the story with cotton balls? You are hilarious!

DEANNA said...

I love your blog. I found it through Alyssa's through like 10 others... I am sure you know how that goes.

I gotta say, you did an awesome job today at the gym.. now...

interesting quirks..... picking and not calling people! I love it!!!!

Danielle said...

Ha, you're hilarious! I'm a picker too but why save it??! I hope you're planning a trip to two home for the holidays!!

DEANNA said...

HEY LADY. I THINK I FIXED THE CLICK ON THE PICTURE THINGY TO COME VISIT OUR BLOG. IF NOT IT IS
622N646.BLOGSPOT.COM

HAVE AN AWESOME FIGHT GONE BAD LADY!!!

jon♥kara said...

We've discussed the picking issue, jon hates it when I try to pick him. I think it's funny that you saved her ear wax for her mom, that may be alittle weird. : )

Tyler and Kaylee said...

That whole cotton ball thing is hilarious! Where does that come from? I think the picking thing is a family trait... all the girls in my family do it. I feel bad for the boys they get attacked!

Becky Rogers said...

Ha...I love the quirks tag. I was reading it and I have a ton of the same ones you do!

Jalei & Lane said...

Amber, I'm right there with you on #5. I always make Lane call people for me: friends, companies, pizza deliveries, etc. I don't know why! I'm very capable of picking up the phone myself, but I find myself dialing the number a few times before I actually press send!