Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gratitude

For some reason every Sunday it is so incredibly hard to get out the door and make it to church on time. It really stresses me out so, I usually arrive at church a little bit grumpy. There is just so much chaos in the morning and to make it to 8:00 church is a struggle. We are always a couple of minutes late- which isn't even that bad but it is just a pet peave of mine. I love that I can go to church a little moody and always come home revived and happy. A big contributer to this is my husband. He is so good about helping with the kids during church on Sunday. I always get a little bit of a break from the kids because he will just kind of take over. Maybe just to get out of class... but it's good enough for me : ). Another reason I am always happier after church is primary. My junior primary class is definitly a challenge. I always have to keep it fun or I'll lose the attention in a split second, but they are so sweet. I love that we are starting to get to know eachother and they will talk to me outside of singing time. And when they do sing, it really is beautiful to hear their tiny little voices singing church songs. Senior primary is so much fun. They can really interact with me and joke around- I love it. I have one little girl who will just sing, "LA LA LA..." at the top of her lungs even if she does know the words. It's so funny because she really gets into it! Her face gets into all of these contortions... she's so cute. Anyway, I'm just grateful that I belong to the church I belong to and always come home refreshed and happier.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Your awesome!! I wish I had the same great attitude about things that you do! You are such a great example to me!! Thanks for sharing all that you do!!!

Taylors said...

I definitely am envious about your attitude towards church. My Sunday story sounds about the same as yours (8 am, few minutes late, etc.) up until the point where you come home refreshed! Lucky duck.

Julie said...

Hey, Amber! I'm glad you're having fun in Primary. It is the BEST place to be! I just got put in the Stake Primary, and I'm giddy.
Hugs,
Julie

Aimee's Family Journal said...

GO TRAV! I am surprised that you have a tough time on Sundays. You always have this terrific smile that doesn't give anything away. Lucky! I am sure that no one knows. I bet you're a grand primary leader.

Jenni said...

It does seem that it's always hard to get to church on time...but, as long as we get there, that's all that matters so that we can come home happier!
I bet you are the perfect primary chorister! :)