Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Buyers Remorse
Okay, we had this HUGE fight over what flooring to put in our house. So, we compromised on wood in the front rooms and travertine through the halls/kitchen/baths. Now, I'm having buyers remorse b/c I don't think it's going to flow well at the transition spot. They will float the travertine with thin set to that it will be flush with the wood and not one of those T pieces that bump up, but it's just such a big contrast. Should I take the 20% restocking fee and cancel it or will it be okay? If we keep it, do we lay the slats so they are going straight when you walk through the front door or go the way of the hallways? Travis's family is all laughing at us b/c if we had to build together we would, yes would, get divorced. If he wants one thing I want the other. Any decision that has to be made we disagree on. The ONLY thing we haven't disagreed on is the color of grout. I guess that's something right.... but it is seriously stressing me out. Yes, Marianne, this is annoying- I know. I can't help my analyzing; it's just who I am. SO PLEASE cast your vote for keeping or canceling the wood... and ya, I really wanted to do wood. So I would be eating my words- but I want the house to flow too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Yikes! I don't know anything about wood and stuff like that, but I am sure as long as it transitions at a doorway or something it will look fine. LOL just remember that you really love him. :)
That's so funny, Amber! Scott, like most guys, doesn't really care about stuff like this (he cares more about the dollar figure). My dad, however, always wanted a say when my parents did stuff in their house. So funny to see how different couples negotiate things! When all is said and done, who will spend more time looking at the finished results inside the house? Good luck!!!
Umm...it's kind of hard to picture...I think it would be fine as long as the colors of wood & travertine are not too different...well maybe it would be better if they are contrasting...I mean I don't think the transition will be worse than wood/tile to carpet...but I really don't know what I'm talking about here but I think it will be fine! I hope all the decisions aren't taking away the excitement of a new house! Good luck friend!
I would give anything to have wood in our house. We put travertine down everywhere and I never feel like I can get it clean enough. It's a natural stone so you always feel like it's dirty (and we got some that is sealed really well) I know it's more expensive but i always say our next house will be all wood!
I was over there today taking Blake lunch and Travis was talking about which way the wood should go. I think you should just do the wood straight from the door. Is the room when you first walk in straight ahead is that the dinning room? If so I would have that be wood not carpet and just put a rug under the table that way they can't stain the carpet. Just my opinion cuz kids sure make messes. By the way the house is beautiful!
i dont really think you can go wrong wtih wood floors bc they are so pretty, and maybe it wont look off once everything else is in place. i think it will be fine.
i over analyze everything too...dont worry.
What? There is no way you guys argue. I don't beleive it for a second!
I think your best bet is to look at other homes that may have that set up and see how it looks. I can see it looking fine or bad it just depends I guess. Sorry I know that doesn't help but I would be doing the same thing I over anaylize but it's true you will have to live with it and pay for it. Jon would have just as much input and we don't always agree that's for sure but he usually has a better eye for it. I'll ask him what he thinks he's been in so many homes across the valley.
OOO, they are both so pretty I'm sure it will be fine. Mom mom has travartine and no matter how dirty it is...it always looks clean because of the color of it. And I hear wood maintenance isn't as bad as it would seem because you can sand out scratches and reseal it..so whatever you do I'm sure it will be beautiful
Oh man - I wish i would've read this earlier... My mom did a house that wood in one area and then travertine in another... they had the same problem about it not flowing well... I'm horrible at writing a description but if you want I could call you and describe it to you, it ended up looking amazing and my Mom has used that house in her advertising.
Post a Comment