Halloween night we had a little get together at Travis's parents house with all of his sister's and their kids. We ate chili and hot dogs and then went trick or treating. It was really fun; everyone in the neighborhood gets really into decorating their houses and making it fun for the kids. Kinsey always gets really scared though and clutches on to my hand for dear life the whole way. I think it's kinda sweet. So, I bought Kinsey's Halloween costume about a month ago. Yes, you guessed it, I couldn't find it the day of Halloween minutes before we were supposed to leave. Yep, imagine that, I lost something. I was so mad, and I searched that house high and low for that dang witch costume. I had it sitting on top of the washer for weeks b/c the black fuzz on it was too messy to put anywhere else. So, while I'm ranting on and just being mad that I can't find her costume she just looks at me and says, "it's okay mommy, I'll just be a princess for Halloween." I had to stop and laugh at myself; aren't I supposed to be the parent? She had been talking about being a "scary witch" for weeks, and I felt so bad for her. Of course we found the witch dress in the toy box Saturday morning. Go figure. I also forgot to take my camera on Halloween, I know I just can't get it together, but Connor was a pumpkin and Kinsey was Cinderella. I made them dress up again on Sunday so I could get pictures. These are the pictures of what my children should have looked like on Halloween
He looks really thrilled

Strike a pose honey...
My regular camera isn't working so hot, so this is all I could get out of my video camera still shots.


On another note... Connor is a little over nine months old. I just can't believe how the time has flown by. That little boy is just so funny and perfect, we love him dearly and are so grateful to have him in our home. He weighs in at just under 20#'s and is... I can't remember how tall, only that his weight was in the mid 20th % and his height was somewhere in the 90's. He is still not sleeping through the night, and the ONE time I decided I'd let him fuss it out he woke up with a huge bloody gash on his head. Okay, so it was more like a scratch (as you can see above) but, to me it was a gash. I felt horrible. He was actually hurt and needing his mommy and I let him cry it out!! I guess I'll have to work up the guts again soon bc I'm really tired of getting out of bed in the middle of the early AM. I just hate listening to him cry when I know I can console him so easily.
Connor got his top two front teeth in. They are funny little, or I should say big , chicklet teeth. HA!
Can't remember if I posted pictures of Kinsey on her first bike. She LOVES her bike, and now that it's finally cooling off we can take family bike rides. It's really cute if I do say so myself : ). Oh and ignore the really messy garage in the background. There really is no excuse for it except that we have NO storage space.

One more thing... I never blogged about our girls weekend away to New Port Beach, but it was a blast. I don't have any pictures due to my non-working camera but Marianne has some posted on her blog so click here to read more.
One more thing... I never blogged about our girls weekend away to New Port Beach, but it was a blast. I don't have any pictures due to my non-working camera but Marianne has some posted on her blog so click here to read more.
12 comments:
It looks like you guys had a great time on your girl trip.
What a joke! I would hate not finding the costume until the next morning. They sure do look cute!
the kids are so cute in their costumes! Kinsey looks so much like you!
Those are the cutest pictures, my fav is the last one of Connor! I love that boy and his big honking teeth.
They are so cute. It is was so cute of Kinsey to calm you down. Connor is huge and I love his chiklet teeth!!!!!
Congrats on four years with Travis - and CONGRATS!!!!! on the chocolate diamond earrings! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO :)
amber you are so funny. Those pics are so cute even if they weren't on halloween. Your kids are adorable. Jon always brings them up randomly I think he wants kids what do you think?
Yay for you! I am so glad you had a fun, childless get away. And the kids look so cute! I just want to squeeze Connor so tight in that little pumpkin outfit! What a great costume for him!
I'm so sorry, but that is a funny story about not being able to find Kinsey's costume and then finding it the morning after Halloween :) That is so sweet and grown up of her that she just calmly suggested another solution to the problem :) Glad you guys had fun on Halloween! The kids look adorable in their costumes! I can't wait to have a little one of our own next year on Halloween to dress up in a cute costume! :)
Cute kids! I love the pics with Travis lounging in the background. And don't feel bad about your messy garage. I think ours is twice that bad- drives me nuts!
CUTEST KIDS EVER! Love the pumpkin costume!
The girls getaway looked like so much fun. Makes me wish I had more sisters. Kinsey and Connor looked so cute for halloween and Kinsey looks like she is having such a great time with her new bike. I thought Connor was Cade's age. Now I am thinking back to Kristina's baby shower and realizing you just had him and how fantastic you looked.
Amber I was right, he IS the cutest pumpkin EVER! And Kinsey looks so pretty! You just have such a cute little family!
Cute pictures of your cute kiddos! I have to say that I am HORRIBLE at taking pictures - either my camera is broken or I can't find it or something...I am so glad that you found that witch costume so that you could take some pictures! :)
Kinsey is such a doll and super smart, too!
Post a Comment