Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Andrew Merrell
Well, I can't believe I'm writing about this again so soon. While I didn't know Andrew, it breaks my heart to have to write this knowing what the family is going through. Andrew, 30 years old, died yesterday in a tragic car accident in Dallas. He was Travis's cousin, and many of Travis's childhood memories of his family involve Andrew. They were the same age and great friends. Andrew has a seven year old daughter. I can't imagine how she is feeling right now or what Steve and Peggy (his parents), and his siblings, must be going through. To lose a family member in a tragic accident like that is just one of my worst fears. Losing a child period, no matter the age or circumstance, is one of my worst fears. You just never know what's going to happen. It's so easy to take life for granted but, it really is fragile and precious. We are reminded, again, to always have an eternal perspective and remember what really is important in life. Reminded to make sure that we are doing the things that our Heavenly Father would want us to be doing. We are, once again, grateful that we know Andrew is with Grandma Twilla again and in a better place. Grateful that we KNOW we will see and be with him again. Saddened that we don't have him here with us any longer but at peace because we are lucky enough to have the gospel to help us through times like these. Peggy and Steve are wonderful people and my heart really goes out to them and the rest of the family. I wish I could take away their pain. I wish that Travis and I would have taken the time to visit him when we were in TX visiting my family. I wish that we were more involved in his life and have a new resolve to stay close to, not only our immediate family and loved ones, but all of our family members. We will miss Andrew deeply and our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Where in Texas are they from?
Hi Amber, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. How comforting it is to have an eternal perspective, at times like these.
I am so happy you found my blog! You guys are so cute and how fun to be getting a new house for Christmas!!!
Post a Comment