Anything without grout..I hater cleaning grout!! You could get a lighter wood? Maybe? I have wood floor and dark cabinets (although not as dark as yours). Good luck, love ya!
I AM JUST SO JEALOUS. GOOD FOR YOU GUYS! hOW TOTALLY EXCITING AND WHAT A FLIPPEN AMAZING CHRISTMAS PRESENT. WHERE IS YOUR NEW HOUSE???? WAS IT ALREADY BUILT OR DID YOU BUILD IT? I JUST CAN NOT WAIT FOR PICTURES. I AM DYING OT SEE IT!!!
PS. I KNOW A GREAT PAINT PLACE... FREE BABY... FREE... FREE.. 5 GALLON BUCKETS. YOU CAN TINT IT OR GET IT IN TANISH BROWN, GREY (WHICH IS REALLY A BEAUTIFUL PURPLE OR WHITE.. BUT THERE IS A HUGE WAITING LIST FOR THE WHITE!) I WILL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT WHEN I SEE YOU AT THE GYM.. IF YOU EVER COME BACK SKINNY GIRL!!
how about cork or bamboo? they are very interesting flooring options. The colors are somewhat varigated, might contrast well with your dark cabinets. or, you could paint your cabs like the other house (hahaha) love, dad
travertine, large squares, thin grout lines. in bedrooms, i still vote for carpet b/c wood with a rug seems like it would be hard to clean (but that's blanca's problem!). anyway, i love the carpet that i have or any short carpet with a raised pattern.
I vote Travertine with small grout lines too. I love that combo of dark cabs with a nice color tile. I think a nice berber carpet with a pettern would look nice too, in all bedrooms. Can't wait to see it finished.
Totally agree with Travertine. Its beautiful. Light wood gets dirty and you can see everything on it. Definitely go with super small grout lines. at least 1/16 or smaller if they have it. YAY
Hey - I'm so excited about your new house. Kel just told me about it yesterday. I wish I still lived there so that I could shop with you for it. I could live vicariously through you!! HAHA! I think you should go to Barnes and Noble and buy a bunch of house/decor magaizines and look at pictures and find what you like. Get mags like Architectual Digest and Domino. Look for mags with high end homes because that way you see more options of what is out there. Then you have more ideas of things you have't even thought about. But do what YOU like and not what people are telling you to do. Make sure you LOVE it!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
10 comments:
Anything without grout..I hater cleaning grout!! You could get a lighter wood? Maybe? I have wood floor and dark cabinets (although not as dark as yours). Good luck, love ya!
hater? oops.
I AM JUST SO JEALOUS. GOOD FOR YOU GUYS! hOW TOTALLY EXCITING AND WHAT A FLIPPEN AMAZING CHRISTMAS PRESENT. WHERE IS YOUR NEW HOUSE???? WAS IT ALREADY BUILT OR DID YOU BUILD IT? I JUST CAN NOT WAIT FOR PICTURES. I AM DYING OT SEE IT!!!
PS. I KNOW A GREAT PAINT PLACE... FREE BABY... FREE... FREE.. 5 GALLON BUCKETS. YOU CAN TINT IT OR GET IT IN TANISH BROWN, GREY (WHICH IS REALLY A BEAUTIFUL PURPLE OR WHITE.. BUT THERE IS A HUGE WAITING LIST FOR THE WHITE!) I WILL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT WHEN I SEE YOU AT THE GYM.. IF YOU EVER COME BACK SKINNY GIRL!!
how about cork or bamboo? they are very interesting flooring options. The colors are somewhat varigated, might contrast well with your dark cabinets. or, you could paint your cabs like the other house (hahaha)
love,
dad
DON'T do bamboo. from experience. it dents and scratches really easily. but i'm not helping you out anymore for leaving me. so there.
travertine, large squares, thin grout lines. in bedrooms, i still vote for carpet b/c wood with a rug seems like it would be hard to clean (but that's blanca's problem!). anyway, i love the carpet that i have or any short carpet with a raised pattern.
I vote Travertine with small grout lines too. I love that combo of dark cabs with a nice color tile. I think a nice berber carpet with a pettern would look nice too, in all bedrooms. Can't wait to see it finished.
Totally agree with Travertine. Its beautiful. Light wood gets dirty and you can see everything on it. Definitely go with super small grout lines. at least 1/16 or smaller if they have it. YAY
Hey - I'm so excited about your new house. Kel just told me about it yesterday. I wish I still lived there so that I could shop with you for it. I could live vicariously through you!! HAHA! I think you should go to Barnes and Noble and buy a bunch of house/decor magaizines and look at pictures and find what you like. Get mags like Architectual Digest and Domino. Look for mags with high end homes because that way you see more options of what is out there. Then you have more ideas of things you have't even thought about. But do what YOU like and not what people are telling you to do. Make sure you LOVE it!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
anything will look good. your house is beautiful and you have great taste, you cant go wrong :-)
Post a Comment